Hi all, it’s a pity I have no time to share my discovering here more often, and I have so much of them!
I finished developing first phase of PlanZed project – cloud mind map app and it’s now available for free!
Welcome to try the app, I need feedback so much.
Here is in brief what do we have under the hood:
- React – Next.js
- Material UI as basement + I had to implement a lot of specific widgets
- Hosted on Vercel
- Mongo as a DB
- No I don’t use jsPlumb – svg arrows are hand-written.
- Pan/Zoom also hand-written (will have a separate post about this, don’t use css translate for pan, let browser scroll it for you, it’s much better!)
- Built-in custom icons search from materialdesignicons.com
- I extented already existing in materialdesignicons keywords by synonyms using wordnet (thanks for ‘node-wordnet’)
- The project is currently trying to support three languages, same icons search do – icons keywords, extend by synonyms, are translated using Google API
- No images upload – it will cost for me to store / manage them, so later as a paid option
- But there is built-in search of free photos from pexels.com – in most cases that’s enough for mind map(they already support localized search)
Here is a GitHub repo serving as a community for PlanZed
Several screenshots from the project: